I firmly believe that the outcome of this game will have a significant ripple effect on the rest of the season for Michigan State:
Spartans Lose: A loss to Northwestern tomorrow and the annual "Spartan Slide" takes hold once again. They would lack the intensity and confidence to really take it to the Buckeyes and lose the ability to beat a clearly superior team. The players wouldn't give up on Dantonio, by any means, but the luster of the Ohio State and Michigan games would certainly disappear.
Spartans Win: But a win against in Evanston tomorrow, and the Spartans may just have themselves a very special season in front of them. Heading into the Ohio State game next Saturday with both teams 6-1 would do wonders for this program and it would help put the Spartans in the national spotlight, considering that game would be THE game to watch that week. If somehow they pull out a win against the Buckeyes, you would see some meaningful November games in East Lansing for the first time in a long time.

I do think Sparty will prevail tomorrow because the whole team believes in Dantonio and they will simply want the game more than the Wildcats. If and when Northwestern stacks eight in the box, just as Iowa did, it is up to Hoyer to stretch the field with his duo of talented wideouts in Dell and Cunningham. What I've seen is that Hoyer is superior on the road, for whatever reason and I think this game will be no exception.
My Pick: Michigan State 27, Northwestern 21
3 comments:
Mark Dell Mark Dell. Couldn't agree more, if Hoyer doesn't pass we will lose, simple as that. I'd like to see some unexpected touches by Curry and Gant maybe move the ball down the field. I like our chances in Evanston, should be a great game, even with the -1 spread.
"that game would be THE game to watch that week"
What about...
11 Missouri @
1 Texas
16 Kansas @
4 Oklahoma
22 Vanderbilt @
10 Georgia
THAT game for anyone in the state of Michigan. I'm sorry I didn't clarify but thank you for providing some much needed insight into this blog. You're a few days late with the correction though...
Post a Comment